The New Bremen Ag Booster organization was formed in 2012 to help support the New Bremen Agricultural Education Program and FFA Chapter. The organization is over 80 members strong consisting of parents, community members, local businesses and former FFA members.
The boosters meet monthly from October to March typically on the second Monday each month at 8:00 PM. The programming for the meetings include business discussions on ways to support the FFA Chapter and members financially and also includes tours of businesses and guest speakers that enhance members' understanding of agriculture in our area.
The group membership drive typically occurs annually in September. Anyone interested in supporting our youth involved in the FFA program at New Bremen is encouraged to become a member of the boosters. Membership fees go directly to support resources and curriculum for the classroom along with FFA activities and member award recognition.
The boosters help finance the following activities for the FFA chapter annually:
- $1000 Scholarship to a graduating FFA member
- Finances a portion of members trips to State and National FFA Conventions and FFA Camp
- Premiums for members who exhibit livestock and shop and crop projects at the Auglaize County Fair
- Finance classroom lab supplies
- Provide funding for National FFA Week Activities including: teacher lunches, coloring contest and assisting with the purchasing of a National FFA Week Ad in The Evening Leader
- Provides cash awards for students who receive State and American Degrees or Proficiency Awards
- Finances certain special projects of the chapter.
Current Ag Booster Officers